Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Blinders

October 2, 3072

Stupid stubborn male!

To act as if he’s the only capable of extracting intel from different sources…grr. Stupid. Granted Mueller has training in “intelligence” that most of us don’t. Intelligence! Ha! But that doesn’t mean the rest of us are useless when it comes to getting information despite the fact that Victor is a mini-Mueller in training and not all information can be gained from shady individuals that operate outside of the law.

After all, Jain has the knack of making striking up unusual friendships in the most unlikely places, and both Spyros and I have had dealing with nobles for a large portion of our lives. Factor in Deschain, even if most us aren’t entirely sure of the man, he does know what he’s doing in such things. So the gall of Mueller to imply that only he is capable of this with maybe asking for Victor’s help to get the drop on the Manei Atrocius is ridiculous.

It has to be testosterone poisoning. That’s all I can think of to result in such arrogance.

We need to setup a liaison with the Blakists for sharing of information gathered regarding the bombings that occurred during our mutual op tonight. I know that most of those in the Dawn don’t like or trust them, but they have as much, if not more, reasons than us to hunt down those responsible. And I doubt even Mueller in all of his pigheadedness will gainsay the abilities of their ROM operatives. Precentor Ding was definitely angered by the brutal acts. Yes, warfare is a brutal, ugly thing, but what was done last night to all involved was disgusting.

Though in a way how it was done was stupid. If the person who planned this had any brains and truly wanted to cause trouble it should only have been done when my lance was engaged with the Jolo Defense Force if only because of the history that my unit has had with the Blakists in the past, not including the fact they saved our hides on Lothan. Then factor in the fact there’s little love lost between most mercenaries and the Blakists in general, especially those mercs of the AMS, it wouldn’t have been that hard to drive a wedge of distrust between the Dawn and our new allies. Which makes me truly wonder if this really is the Bloody Hand and not one of the known factions trying to hide their work behind shadows and lies.

Unfortunately Spyros and Victor had influenced me a bit more than I had realized with regards to the Word of Blake. Fortunately I had squashed that bias by the time I started to speak privately with Precentor Ding so that I was able to have a cordial conversation with the man. And he did prove that not all of those in his group are insane zealots.

I need to be careful of bias from those I work with in the future.

The only “positive” aspect of the bombing was that it ended our engagement with the former FedCom troops fairly quickly. Sadly they still seem dead set against Nicholai’s offer of employment stating they feel he is a traitor. To what, I don’t know, but I have my suspicions.

Damn the Steiner-Davion brats for destroying the hard work of their grandmother and to some extent their parents.

Enough digressions.

The situation here is even worse than any of anticipated. And I have a feeling I may have sparked some of Mueller’s arrogance by responding with the fact we’re here and must deal with the situation when he said that had he known the Bloody Hand were here he would have talked Nicholai out of the contract. Somehow I don’t think he knows Nicholai as well as he thought. Or may not know all of the reasons why we’re here. This is more than just a job in the mind of my beloved, he sees a chance to repay a debt to a family that helped him get the startup for the Dawn as well as helping a planet in need.

I know all too well the desire to pay off one’s debts to one’s friends, even if they say there is no debt. And too I know the desire the help those in need when I have the ability to do something.

This is definitely going to be an interesting year.

How will I convince the others to make sure we aren’t missing all avenues of exploration with those responsible for the terrible acts done while my lance was making its assault drop? We need to make damn sure we aren’t putting blinders on.

Blinders could cost us a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home