Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A little light

October 29, 3072

Lave it to my love to shatter the numbness that was slowly strangling me. He called last night so we could have some quality time together before going into battle. Since I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to wear the costume I’d been talked into buying by one of the local tradespeople, I decided to wear it for Nicholai to see what he thought of it.

He really liked the outfit.

And my god does he look good. He’s put on some much needed weight and developed a bit of muscle tone. He’s even given up on smoking.

He quit smoking.

That’s like me giving up coffee. Which I’m not going to until one of the docs yell at me to do so.

I’d known he’d been cutting back, but didn’t realize he’d been able to quit. He also seems… emotional isn’t the right word. Passionate? It’s hard to describe. Either way he seems to feel more, or at least they affect him more.

He really liked the costume.

Ah well, enough happy fluffy stuff.

As usual our battleplan has changed. It would seem the Colonel’s lance will be going into battle with us rather than Captain Bingham’s. Bingham will be going in with the element that is being sent to rescue the essentially slave labor the oh-so-charming Margrave has in his mines.

This is going to be an ugly fight. And it’ll be a telling one for my relationship.

But at least I’ll have some light to hold onto before the darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home